Deep, restorative sleep is key to daytime productivity and overall well-being. We’ll compare two leading sleep supplements: Midnite Sleep Aid and myPEAK DeltaSleep, so you can make an informed purchase decision.
Some people are so good at sleeping that they can do it with their eyes closed. The rest of us may need some help. One-third of adults suffer from insomnia at one time or another. For some, this condition can be a serious and potentially life-threatening problem.
You May Also Like:
Good sleep = Good health
Don’t think of sleeping as “downtime.” Your brain works full speed during sleep, repairing and energizing your body. A good night’s sleep offers several benefits, such as:
Weight Control: Studies show a lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and obesity; this is because insufficient sleep affects the hypothalamus, the part of your brain that controls hunger.
Stress Reduction: Restful sleep helps reduce cortisol and other stress-inducing hormones.
Enhanced Energy and Athletic Performance: Good sleep increases endurance and helps the body recover from injuries.
Lowered Risk of Heart Disease: Insomnia and other sleep disorders often lead to heart arrhythmias and coronary artery disease. Deep sleep reduces blood pressure, which helps lower the risk of hypertension.
Prevention of Depression: Lack of sleep can contribute to depression and even suicidal thoughts; that said, depression also causes sleep problems.
Improved Memory and Cognitive Function: Quality sleep improves concentration and learning capacity, problem-solving skills, and memory retention.
Understanding sleep problems
Sleep disorders come in many forms: insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and sleepwalking are among the most common. Even people who claim to get the recommended 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night may not consistently experience quality sleep for various reasons, such as:
- A poor sleeping environment (uncomfortable bed or a bedroom that’s too hot or cold)
- Shift work
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine intake
- Depression or stress
- Certain medications
Natural sleep aids: Midnite Sleep Aid and myPEAK DeltaSleep
While it’s possible to buy a new bed, turn the temperature down a few degrees, and limit alcohol, certain other factors that influence sleep may not be as easily modified, such as the hours you work or the prescription medications you need. Rather than taking a prescription sleeping pill, a natural sleep aid may be the answer.
Natural, plant-based sleep aids like Midnite Sleep Aid and myPEAK DeltaSleep are not addictive and generally contain vitamins, minerals, and natural chemicals that are common in your diet or naturally produced by the body. A good sleep aid should include the following:
- 10 mg of Melatonin: This hormone is naturally produced by the body and regulates our circadian rhythms to promote sleep.
- Calming Agents: Chamomile and passionflower reduce stress and anxiety and promote tranquility.
- Valerian Root: This herb has been used for centuries to help people fall asleep faster. Many doctors recommend this plant-based therapy as the safest, most effective herb for sleep.
- No Synthetic Fillers: These are ingredients that offer no significant benefit and are typically utilized to give the supplement a more appealing appearance. In fact, some fillers can have adverse side effects.
Midnite Sleep Aid vs myPEAK DeltaSleep
To decide which sleep aid is best, we examined the key ingredients and compared the products’ cost and effectiveness.
Midnite Sleep Aid is available in tablet and gummy forms. A 30-day supply of tablets costs $12, while a bottle of gummies is priced at $15. It is notable that while the dosage calls for one tablet or gummy, it sometimes advises taking two for a better night’s sleep, so one package may not last the full month. Their list of ingredients includes:
- Melatonin: Midite Sleep Aid tablets each contain 1.5 mg; the gummies have 3 mg each.
- Proprietary Blend: The formulation of Midnite Sleep Aid tablets and gummies includes chamomile, lemon balm, and lavender — all are calming agents to help you relax. However, since it’s a blend, the exact amount of each ingredient is unknown.
- Mannitol and Sorbitol: These are binding agents commonly found in chocolate and chewing gum to add flavor.
- Crospovidone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Silica: These are binding agents for tablets with no medicinal value.
- Magnesium Stearate: This flow agent prevents the tablets or gummies from sticking to each other.
MyPEAK DeltaSleep will cost you about $24 for a month’s supply (30 capsules). Like Midite Sleep Aid, the ingredients are vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and GMO-free.
- Chamomile Extract: Contains 200 mg to promote calmness and a sense of ease.
- Passionflower Extract: Contains 50 mg of this plant-based herb to treat insomnia and anxiety.
- Gamma-aminobutyric Acid: Better known as GABA, this amino acid turns off the brain and gives the neurons a chance to rest.
- Valerian Root: Used in conjunction with Passionflower Extract to help people fall asleep faster.
- Natural Melatonin: Non-habit-forming sleep hormone to promote proper sleep without interfering with natural rhythms.
Midnite Sleep Aid vs myPEAK DeltaSleep: the bottom line
Midnite Sleep Aid and myPEAK DeltaSleep are both non-addictive, but there is a difference in their recommended usage. Midnite Sleep Aid comes with a warning that it’s not intended for long-term or continuous use. In contrast, the makers of myPEAK DeltaSleep encourage you to use the product for 3 to 6 months to feel the full benefits of changing the body’s circadian rhythms. Furthermore, myPEAK also has a 90-day money-back guarantee, whereas Midnite Sleep Aid only extends its guarantee for 30 days. Midnite Sleep Aid also comes with synthetic fillers, which is the primary reason we prefer myPEAK DeltaSleep. DeltaSleep does not contain any artificial additives.
“The human body is capable of doing so much more if it’s given the right tools,” says myPEAK founder Dr. Bhargav Patel. He states there’s a reason you won’t find myPEAK products on store shelves: “When you create quality products, you have very high returning customer rates, and you have very strong word of mouth.”
Additionally, myPEAK earns extra points for its commitment to the community and sustainability. The products sold through their website are shipped using carbon-neutral shipping. Furthermore, with each bottle sold, the company donates one meal through Feeding America®.
Overall, when white noise machines and counting sheep don’t work, it may be time to turn to a natural, herbal supplement. If you’re still not sure which one to choose? Sleep on it and then make a decision with your eyes wide open.
Further Reading For Additional Reference:
Johns Hopkins Medicine: Insomnia: What You Need to Know as You Age
National Institute of Health: Brain Basics: Understanding Sleep
Health.gov: Get Enough Sleep
Johns Hopkins Medicine: Depression and Sleep: Understanding the Connection
Important Note: The information contained in this article is for general informational purposes only, and should not be construed as health or medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease or health condition. Before embarking on any diet, fitness regimen, or program of nutritional supplementation, it is advisable to consult your healthcare professional in order to determine its safety and probable efficacy in terms of your individual state of health.
Regarding Nutritional Supplements Or Other Non-Prescription Health Products: If any nutritional supplements or other non-prescription health products are mentioned in the foregoing article, any claims or statements made about them have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and such nutritional supplements or other health products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.